For the Godzilla bodysuit, I built a padded undersuit based on hockey gear, which I had augmented with foam rubber to flesh out Godzilla’s contours. The hockey shoulder pads (actual shoulders removed) also gave me a good mounting platform to mount the dorsal fins.
I forgot to take pictures of the foam rubber attached to the hockey breezers (the pants), but they’re under there anyway. (I could have smiled in these pictures, instead of looking like I was on the way to my manager’s office for a performance review.)
After I had the under padding done and I had measurements, I could make the Godzilla bodysuit. Again, this is adapted from the generic animal costume pattern (Simplicity 8953 or something like that). I did the Godzilla bodysuit in early June.
In these pictures, I sewed the left/right sides and the shoulders together, but I didn’t sew the front to the back because I needed to figure out the tail first.
Barney’s feet are made of foam rubber carved to shape and skinned in the same way as I did with the Barney head. Godzilla’s feet are pretty much the same process.